Performance Management Workshop
Sydney (Online): 6 September 2021 | Melbourne (Online): 8 September 2021 | Brisbane: 13 September 2021 | Perth: 15 September 2021
One of the most difficult, time consuming and intense roles of an HR Practitioner is navigating performance complexities. HR teams deal with increasing Fair Work Commission intervention when managing performance, because of changes to laws, constant workplace change, and increasing awareness of rights.
Reliance on complex processes such as formal performance improvement plans doesn’t always have the desired outcomes. Even with the most sound and well intentioned performance improvement and disciplinary processes in place, the risk of legal action is still there. We will also workshop how to continue in the face of any claims or grievances made, with legal confidence.
This one-day workshop provides in-depth practical focus on how to manage most performance scenarios through meaningful, regular discussions and communication - helping you take practical approaches to unravelling the complexities of managing performance.
Addressing current problems with performance management
- Common workplace contributors to performance issues
- Investigating common legal claims & performance process related risks
People and process
- Management of the employment relationship
- Effective one-on-ones and feedback for improved performance
Applying effective communication styles
- Communication styles, and their impact on the workplace
- Aiding performance outcomes through the right communication styles
Having crucial conversations, and making the right decisions
- Crucial and effective conversations during the performance pathway
- Taking the right approach with employees
Performance processes in practice
- Avoiding complex & ineffective performance or disciplinary processes
- Minimising potential legal risks and consequences of a PIP
Having confidence around legal risks
- Using crucial conversations to avoid legal claims
- How to proceed in the face of legal claims or grievances
Facilitated by Edge Legal