Performance Management Workshop
Sydney: 13 September 2022 | Melbourne: 15 September 2022 | Brisbane: 20 September 2022 | Perth: 22 September 2022
One of the most difficult, time consuming and intense roles of an HR Practitioner is navigating performance complexities. HR teams deal with increasing Fair Work Commission intervention when managing performance, because of changes to laws, constant workplace change, and increasing awareness of rights.
Reliance on complex processes such as formal performance improvement plans doesn’t always have the desired outcomes. Even with the most sound and well intentioned performance improvement and disciplinary processes in place, the risk of legal action is still there. We will also workshop how to continue in the face of any claims or grievances made, with legal confidence.
This one-day workshop provides in-depth practical focus on how to manage most performance scenarios through meaningful, regular discussions and communication - helping you take practical approaches to unravelling the complexities of managing performance.
- Addressing current problems with performance management
- Common workplace contributors to performance issues
- Investigating common legal claims & performance process related risks
- People and process
- Management of the employment relationship
- Effective one-on-ones and feedback for improved performance
- Applying effective communication styles
- Communication styles, and their impact on the workplace
- Aiding performance outcomes through the right communication styles
- Having crucial conversations, and making the right decisions
- Crucial and effective conversations during the performance pathway
- Taking the right approach with employees
- Performance processes in practice
- Avoiding complex & ineffective performance or disciplinary processes
- Minimising potential legal risks and consequences of a PIP
- Having confidence around legal risks
- Using crucial conversations to avoid legal claims
- How to proceed in the face of legal claims or grievances
David Dilger has strong experience advising on factors relating to performance, and scenarios which arise during performance processes. His advice has a real practical edge to it - drawn from legal experience, and senior executive roles in the telecommunications, franchising and agriculture industries, plus a peak employer organisation. This includes leading an organisation to be a national finalist and joint state winner of the AHRI People Management Awards.
Rod Collinson has particular expertise in people management issues, industrial disputes and advocacy. Prior to co-founding Edge Legal with David Dilger, Rod was the group head of an Employment & Safety Group in a mid-tier law firm for 10 years. He also previously worked in a top tier law firm and as a Consultant providing on-site services for clients. This complemented a background in workers compensation law.